Rules of Conduct for Tests and ExamsUofT Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters
UofT Code of Student Conduct
Rules of ConductIt is understood that all students who write tests/exams with Test and Exam Services will comply with the procedural and conduct regulations established by Test and Exam Services and the University of Toronto. 1. Arrive and check-in with a test/exam invigilator at the assigned test/exam location at least ten (10) minutes prior to the test/exam commencement time assigned to you by Test and Exam Services.
2. Bring your student photo identification card (TCard) and present it to the invigilator upon arrival at the test/exam location. The invigilator will hold your TCard for the duration of the test/exam and return it to you after you submit your completed test/exam.
3. Test and Exam Services does not compensate students for time lost due to late arrival, regardless of whether or not this is the practice of the academic department or faculty under which the test/exam is administered. If you arrive at the assigned test/exam location after the test/exam commencement time assigned to you by Test and Exam Services:
4. Time will be deducted from your overall permitted writing time.
5. Additional consequences may be imposed, including being denied permission to write the test/exam and/or other consequences based on the regulations of the academic department or faculty under which the test/exam is administered.
6. Access to the Test/Exam Centre is restricted to students scheduled to write tests/exams with accommodations, the invigilation staff supervising the Test/Exam Centre, Test and Exam Services staff and University of Toronto staff and faculty.
7. It is not permitted for another person to impersonate you for the purpose of writing a test/exam, nor may another person write any part of a test/exam on your behalf.
8. To ensure the safety of students with environmental sensitivities, refrain from wearing perfume or cologne and ensure that you are not in possession of nuts, products that contain nuts or products that may contain traces of nuts within the Test/Exam Centre.
9. Prior to the commencement of a test/exam, you will be asked to place bags, books and other personal belongings in an area designated by the invigilator. The only materials that you are permitted to have with you during the writing of a test/exam are those expressly authorized by the invigilator. Please note, Test and Exam Services is not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items or items left at the Test/Exam Centre. You are encouraged to leave valuable items at home.
10. During the writing of a test/exam, you may not have with you any materials or electronic devices except those expressly authorized by the invigilator. Unauthorized materials may include, but are not limited to: textbooks, class notes, or other notes of any kind. Unauthorized electronic devices include, but are not limited to: cellular telephones, laptop computers, MP3 players (e.g. iPods), data storage devices (e.g. USB keys), calculators, or electronic dictionaries.
11. Students who bring unauthorized materials or electronic devices into the Test/Exam Centre or who assist or obtain assistance from other students or from any unauthorized source are liable to penalties under the University's Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters, including, but not limited to, the loss of academic credit and expulsion.
12. The invigilator has the authority to designate the desk at which you will sit while writing the test/exam.
13. Prior to the commencement of a test/exam, you are expected to refrain from writing, typing or designating any answers to questions on the test/exam.
14. During the writing of a test/exam, you are not permitted to communicate with anyone except the invigilator, including other students, in any manner.
15. After the announcement of the conclusion of a test/exam, you are expected to refrain from adding information to, erasing information from or otherwise altering the test/exam.
16. The invigilator has the authority to seize the tests/exams of students who fail to cease writing and/or typing after the announcement of the conclusion of a test/exam and a penalty may be imposed by the acdemic department or faculty under which the test/exam is administered.
17. After a test/exam, all test/exam materials must remain with Test and Exam Services. You may not keep test/exam materials. This includes, but is not limited to, tests/exams, response booklets, scantron sheets, scrap paper, and authorized aid sheets.
18. You are expected to comply with requests made or instructions given by the invigilator or a staff member of Test and Exam Services.
19. You are expected to refrain from behaving in a verbally or physically abusive manner toward the invigilator and other Test and Exam Services staff.
20. You are required to remain sequestered and supervised at the Test/Exam Centre until fifteen (15) minutes after the regularly-scheduled test commencement and forty-five (45) minutes after the regularly-scheduled exam commencement - regardless of what time you complete the test/exam.
Violation of the Rules of Conduct